Tuesday, November 21, 2006

if only it were true. my life would be so much easier.

My judge/boss thinks I'm a lesbian.

I mean, I guess if I were her I'd think the same thing. Three times now I've been like "Oh, my best friend is coming from Florida to visit" and I've only been here four months. I think she's starting to suspect the "best friend" thing is code for "lesbian lover." The first time she was like "Oh, that's nice." The second time she asked "How long have you been friends?" and then added "I think it's time that she looked for a job up here and moved up here." Then today we were discussing our holiday plans and once again, I was like "Oh, my best friend is arriving tonight." And then I added "Tomorrow's her birthday so I made reservations at Notti Bianche and then we're going to the Kennedy Center to see the Nutcracker." She replied with an "Ohhhhhh, that's nice."

I've yet to tell her "Oh, this weekend my boyfriend and I [have reservations at a fancy restaurant/are going to the ballet/are visiting some friends in Brooklyn/are going to lay low.]" So I'm pretty sure she thinks, or at least strongly suspects, that I'm a lesbian.

How does one rectify the situation? "Here you go, Judge, here is that opinion I was working on. By the way, I'm not a lesbian."

I'll be back Monday with some pictures from Missmo and Am Take DC Part IV.

Happy Turkey Day, y'all!

No comments: