Friday, March 30, 2007

on to less depressing topics

Spring has finally arrived! I am experiencing seasons for the first time since I was 13, and I have come to the conclusion that I'm not a big fan of Winter, but I love me some Spring.

Goodbye long red, mohair coat that Missmo bought me when I was in college and I used to wear once a year but is now so worn that it's developing bald spots! Hello denim jacket!

Goodbye forlorn-looking naked trees! Hello little white blossoms that I don't think are cherry blossoms but are pretty nonetheless!

Goodbye knee-high boots that my mom bought me in December because I did not own footwear that was appropriate for winter and now have the nail sticking out of the left heel! Hello open-toed sandals!

Goodbye metro ride to the stop five blocks away because it's too fucking cold to walk that far in my boots with the nail sticking out of the heel! Hello mid-day refreshing city strolls!

Goodbye heavy pant suits! Hello skirt suits, although panythose suck!

Goodbye black and grey and maroon and dark and heavy! Hello pink and blue and yellow and orange and light and airy!

However, I must admit, I am still craving the sunshine on my shoulders. Two more weeks!

No comments: