Thursday, July 27, 2006

i survived the hangover...LET'S CELEBRATE!

One thing I loved about law school, there was always cause for celebration. And by celebration, I mean getting together and drinking inordinate amounts of alcohol. It's the beginning of the semester...LET'S CELEBRATE!!!! We'll all go downtown and hit up three or four bars and call it a "social!" It's the middle of the semester...LET'S CELEBRATE!!! We'll all get really dressed up and go somewhere from where we'll surely be banned in the future and call it "law prom!" We have new moot court team members...LET'S CELEBRATE!!! We'll all go to the dean's house where he'll have a beer and wine open bar and call it a "cocktail party!" It's football season...LET'S CELEBRATE!!! We'll all go in the morning and park a car down on campus and sit in a chair outside the car and drink til the game starts at 7 p.m.!

Even though school's over for me now, last night I definitely had the biggest celebration of all - I finished taking the bar...LET'S CELEBRATE!!! I got really, really drunk. I even had the nerve to do a shot of SoCo. Like, HELLO?!?!? Who the fuck did I think I was??? It certainly bit me on the ass at the end of the night, when I was totally trying to kick it to a beefy brown eyed man at the bar and totally spilled my entire beer all over his lap. It was sexy. And then there was the pounding headache and wooziness this morning, too.

I went to this bar with a group that I had met in the Barbri night class. I like them all a lot, and we had a good time discussing legal terms that we'll never have to think about ever again. (Me: "Like res. I HATE that word." Jennifer: "Oh, I LOVE res!") Then Julia Gulia came out for a little bit, and that's always a joy. But it just didn't feel right. I couldn't help but feel like I should have been down in Florida, sitting around with everybody from my class, talking about how Little did us a huge favor teaching us the contribution statute because did you see that essay question? I mean, up until this point, I had shared every significant moment in my young legal career with the same 200 people. And here, this might be the biggest besides graduation, and none of those 200 people were involved. Something about it wasn't right.

But, then again, as my DC bar friend Matt reminded me yesterday, there comes a time where you have to spread your wings. So, spread I shall.

No comments: