Saturday, July 29, 2006

the very first drunk post ever

This weekend was so fun!!!! Granted, it's 11:49 on Saturday night, and I'm home for the night and blogging, but still, so much fun!!!

GIFT-GIVING HOTTIE LITTLE BRAZILLIANS

So I made friends with this girl in the Barbri class, Cynthia, and she and her sister, Natalie, came out on Wednesday for the We-Just-Finished-the-Bar celebration. They're from Brazil, so of course they're hottie little chicks, and they're both really petite so I look like a fucking giant next to them, but I don't care because they're both so cute and fun. So we talked about going on Friday night, but I thought maybe it was just drunk talk, but sure enough Friday they messaged me and were like "let's go out!!!" So I was like "definitely!" and I caught a cab and met them down in Georgetown. I tried to get my friend Angie to come along be she was all "I'm so not trying to go down to Georgetown to hang out with two little hot Brazillian chicks." I feel her though because George town is so not my scene. I had been there a few times when I came up here for school stuff (will revisit below), and I always felt like I'd never fit in because I don't own a single J-Crew sweater. So when I got there, why did Cynthia turn around and be like "I have a present for you for passing the bar" and hand me some beautiful handmade earrings from Brazil??? A girl after my own heart!!! Except I felt like a total shitbag because I didn't have anything for her so I was like "Want a beer???" Then every time Natalie pointed out a boy who she thought was cute, I'd walk up to him and be like "Hi. Have you met my friend Natalie? She's from Brazil." My gift to her. I'm a little bent out of shape, though, because they're both leaving for Germany tomorrow for like a month. I can't wait for them to come back so we can tear it up again.

HOTPANTS BARTENDER

So the reason why we met up in G-town was because I was telling Cynthia about how I've been trying to get down there since I moved up here because there's this bartender there that I met when I came up in February for moot court thing who kept calling me "hotpants." So she was all "Let's go to his bar!" So we went and he was there and he remembered me and was excited to see me and kept hooking us up with all sorts of free shots (including Irish whiskey which promptly went through my nose which was quite embarassing) and then I noticed the silver band around his left ring finger. Apparently there has been a wedding since February. Oh well. We still had a lot of fun and got free shots and I got to call him "hotpants."

SEX IN THE CITY

Just joking!!!! There's defintely no sex in my city right now! But I do have to say, since I've abandoned having a car and have become a hippy, I have to take a cab everywhere. And it makes me feel so like Carrie Bradshaw, which reminds me of just how unrealistic that goddamn show is because cabs are fucking EXPENSIVE and there's no way that her broke ass would be able to afford always taking a cab.

WHERE THE ONLY DEBAUCHERY IS WITH THE FOOD

Tonight I took a cab down to Dupont to meet the DH and some of his friends for dinner. We went to this place called Lorial Plaza, this Mexican joint that D and I went to for brunch last February. I swear to God, it's like a club in there, except instead of dancing there are burritos. It was PACKED with like a 120 minute wait at 10 p.m. and everybody was dressed like they really were at a club. But it was soooo fun!!!! I got drunk off of frozen margarhitas (yes, that's right, i said i got drunk off of frozen margarhitas) and ate about two gallons of salsa and three pounds of chips. Plus, seeing the DH always gets me in a fantasic fucking mood because we're such lovers, even though he has a boyfriend.

I MISS JANE!!!!

And so does Dougie. Jane (my roommate, in case you didn't know) is in Costa Rica. We're very lonley around here. And in Dougie's case, a little depressed too.

AND FINALLY, A LITTLE PICK-UP ADVICE FOR THE LADIES

Spill your entire beer on his lap. They love it and apparently, it's a sure-fire way to get them to call you the next day.

No comments: