Wednesday, September 13, 2006

no subject

It has hit five o'clock and I can no longer focus on chest x-rays, pulmonary function studies, and presumptions of total disability. So I shall blog.

I love my life today. This whole week, actually. Monday I got my first paycheck as a professional. It wasn't that much, being that I am a government lawyer (or will be assuming I pass the bar), but it did buy me the four-inch black pointy toed heels that I've been fantasizing about for weeks. I saw them at the Nine West at the little mall at my metro stop, and at least once a week I would go in to visit them and subliminally tell them, "Don't worry, my little preciouses. In a short time, you shall be mine." So now I finally have them. They were a little hard to get used to at first. I could walk in them, but every time I caught my reflection, I'd be like "Oh my god. I look like a hooker." And they started killing me after having them on for one single hour. But now it's two days later, and now when I catch my reflection, I'm like "Oh my god. I'm so hot." And they don't really hurt anymore.

So yesterday I went down to this little place called Marvelous Market for lunch. They have all really good gourmet sandwiches and shit that I like to eat. I work in Chinatown, which is a pretty busy part of the city. "Vibrant," actually. So I sat up at the counter that faces the window so I could see the world go by, and I looked down at my four-inch black pointy toed heels and my gourmet sandwich and out at my city and for a second there, I was simply elated.

And today Missmo arrives. In two hours, to be exact. This makes my life today PERFECT. Don't worry, lovely readers, the next entry shall be "in our own universe part duex" and we shall have lots of stupid pictures to show you all. Perhaps we'll even get kicked out of the marine barracks…you never know…

No comments: