Tuesday, October 17, 2006

dude, i'm from florida!

In the past three days, I've been told twice that I should have a coat on. It's really embarrassing, because I really don't know any better. I mean, I know when I'm cold, but I'M FROM FLORIDA, PEOPLE, where we wear flip flops all year long.

Sunday night I was just wearing a sweater, and I thought that this was sufficient because earlier that night, I met up with Julia Gulia, and she's a veteran Washingtonian, and she wasn't wearing a coat. In fact, she referred to the weather as "medium." Thus, I figured it wasn't really coat weather, because if it was, Julia would have a coat. So I went out without a coat, and later somebody told me that he was surprised I wasn't wearing a coat and he figured I was just trying to show off the goods or something along those lines. I was mortified, because that so wasn't what I was trying to do, and the fact that somebody, especially this somebody, would think so made me feel totally uncool. The truth is, I'm just a silly bitch who doesn't know when it's appropriate to wear a coat because again, I'M FROM FLORIDA, where you can go swimming in the Gulf of Freaking Mexico in mid-October.

So just now, I was downstairs smoking a cig and this woman walked by and was like "You need a jacket!" But I was wearing a jacket! A suit jacket, but still! But then she threw a "But you look very nice" in there, so that was nice, but makes me wonder if she too thought I was standing out in the cold coatless so that I could show off my impeccable fashion sense. But guess what? Not the case. It's just that I'M FROM FLORIDA; thus, my idea of a jacket is a Gators hoodie sweatshirt.

Tomorrow I'm wearing a coat. In fact, I'm not going to take that goddamned coat off all day.

No comments: